Happy and Healthy Christmas – Tips for Wellbeing with Living Beauty Fitness!
You are in control of your food and alcohol intake.
Don’t let any one else’s comments or bullying get to you. If they feel the need to pressure you to drink excessively – that is their problem!
Keep moving!! Don’t think too much – Just get your training session in before work or social activities, then it is done!
Water intake is the simplest way to feel great and maintain your energy levels. When you are dehydrated fatigue sets in easily.
Think ahead about how great you will feel in January.
Flat stomach, glowing skin, no need for damage control.
Enjoy your Christmas and the peace and fun it brings.
Socialise, laugh and share the special memories.
It is time to celebrate and an Aussie Christmas encourages healthy eating with so many opportunities to go to a BBQ, the beach and getting outdoors to move!!
If you do overindulge don’t beat yourself up about it. Here is a free meal plan and tips: Past post: How to overcome a few days of eating rubbish
A little bit Naughty… (but still unprocessed food)
Bliss Balls Recipe
What you need:
• 3 cups Fruitwise Museli (web site here)
• 1 cup nuts (I like almonds and walnuts)
• 1/3 cup raw organic cacao powder
• 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
• Option: 100g block of 85% lindt chocolate OR ½ cup peanut butter 100% spread
• ½ – 1 cup shredded coconut (for rolling balls in)
What you do:
1. In a blender add: Fruitwise museli and nuts and process until finely chopped.
2. Add cacao powder, coconut oil and either chocolate or peanut butter to blender and mix.
3. If mixture is too dry add either a ¼ cup of filtered water, or a little bit more coconut oil.
4. The mixture should have come together and be quite sticky, transfer into a bowl.
5. Roll mixture into bite size ball size with wet hands.
6. Roll balls in shredded coconut.
Like FRUITWISE on facebook. Made in SA.
(this is wheat free, contains almonds and sulphur free fruit and available from many fruit and veg stores, Adelaide Showgrounds Farmers Markets, Woolworths and Foodland supermarkets) – or use plain rolled oats (not quick oats).
Make a massive batch (approx 15 – 20) and store these in the fridge or freezer.
One serve is 2 balls. Enjoy!
Nice and Healthy
Amelia’s Fave Recipe
What you need:
200g naked ginger (I used Buderim see below photo)
75g Protein Powder (chocolate)
20g raw cacao powder
2 tbsp chia seeds (soaked for a few minutes in a little water)
1/4 cup coconut water
1/2 cup shredded or dessicated coconut (unsweetened)
What you do:
- Add cashews, almonds, protein powder, raw cacao and chop for 3 seconds on speed 5 (if using thermomix or a little longer in normal blender)
- Add chia seeds and ginger and process in thermomix, or other blender (for 3 second on speed 6 if using thermomix)
- Add water and process again (4 seconds speed 4)
- The mixture should have come together and be quite sticky, transfer into a bowl. If mixture is too dry add either a ¼ cup of filtered water, or a little bit more coconut water.
- Roll mixture into bite size ball size with wet hands.
- Roll balls in shredded coconut.
Enjoy your Christmas and as always let me know you liked the recipes by sharing the link with your friends 🙂
Check out our year in review and goal setting post. A sure fire way to start the new year on a high is have some written goals.
And feel free to visit past blogs:
Overcoming stress at Christmas
Remember you are in charge of how you feel in the new year – HAPPY & HEALTHY
Love and Light
Amelia x o