It seems that when ever I post cake recipes in my photo albums they are by far the most popular! This cake is one I made to share with friends at a recent dinner party. 6 people were at the dinner party and they all gave positive feedback and said they absolutely loved it!
You need to make sure you get “raw” nuts and I purchased mine from the Central Markets along with other ingredients from a health food shop. You need to start preparations for this raw cake (no cooking!!) the night before you want to serve it.
Living Beauty Choc Orange Cheesecake
This cheesecake is not suitable for anyone with a nut allergy. It is high in nutrients but also very high in calories. A lovely finish to a meal and delicious to share with friends!
Ingredients to make the filling
1/2 cup orange zest
2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight in filtered water (then drain the water and rinse the nuts) – I recommend House of Healing in Adelaide Central Markets for raw nuts without pesticides
1 cup coconut oil, melted
1 cup fresh orange juice (I used 4 oranges)
2/3 cup rice malt syrup (I purchased this from Goodies & Grains)
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
Ingredients to make the cheesecake crust:
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup pecans
4 dates, soaked in filtered water (keep the liquid)
1/4 cup cacao powder
½ cup pecans
½ cup orange rind
1. Place almonds and pecans in food processor and process until finely chopped.
2. Add dates and cacao. Process until well blended. Mixture should be sticky.
3. Press the mixture into a 20 – 25cm cake pan that is lined with baking paper and greased with coconut oil.
4. Place in freezer for no more than 20 minutes.
1. Zest oranges and set aside.
2. In high-speed blender, combine cashews, coconut oil, orange juice and rice malt syrup. Blend until smooth.
3. Add zest and ginger. Gently stir in.
4. Pour over crust.
5. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
6. Add topping – get creative!
Tip: to serve use a sharp knife and place into freezer for 15 minutes prior (not too long!).
I will leave you with a great photo from the recent competitions – you can tell my my huge smile how proud I am – I love training my clients and bikini models in particular have such a long amount of time they spend with me that the show day is a huge celebration!
Love and Light
Amelia x o